What is a carrel?


A carrel is a study space and desk reserved for graduate students, faculty, and undergrads writing theses. They are located in the open stacks and materials may be checked out to them on long-term loan, for use in the library only. They are NOT secure, so you should not leave personal items there.

Carrels can be requested at the service desks of the Rockefeller and Sciences Libraries.

For questions, contact Rock@Brown.edu

  • Last Updated Sep 29, 2023
  • Views 614
  • Answered By Karen Bouchard

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0